Sunday 4 August 2013

Bankstown City Council Excursion

Bankstown City Council

By Gabby N

On Wednesday 23rd July Years 5 and 6  were fortunate enough to go to the Bankstown city council chambers. We were taught about what councils do. We acted out as councillors and got to debate. The criminals were Jack M and Antoinette Y. After our council program we participated in a recycling program. During this program we learnt about recycling and which products go into which bins. The recycling was a great program and Years 5 and 6 really enjoyed it. After the recycling program we went into the Bankstown library to participate in a program, about the library and its uses. The program showed us about their websites, and the links that could help us in our school homework. Year 5 and 6 enjoyed this program.

What did you enjoy most about this excursion? What was an interesting fact you learnt at either the council chambers or the library?

6 comments:

  1. This was a very fun excursion especially being the trouble maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelica

    Great blog post Gabby. I had lots of fun and im sure everyone did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post Gabby, I enjoyed going to the Bankstown council chambers and the library. I like where we got to act as Councillors and got to debate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey
    Great blog post Gabby N and I enjoyed the excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma

    Awesome blog post Gabby, I had lots of fun going to the Bankstown Council and the library. I enjoyed it and I hoped the rest of yr 5 did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Gabby N for putting this together ,I enjoyed participated in these activities . I liked how we got to act councillors and learn about waste and landfill . I learnt an interesting fact that all waste is put into landfill once its taken to the truck .

    ReplyDelete