Sunday 4 August 2013

Procedures and Procedural Recounts

Cooking Scones
   By: Clare & Angelique

On Thursday the 1st of August, Year 5 went to the hall to make Scones for text types. We went in our table groups  and we did 5 rotations ,there were  5 activities such as making scones, using the ipad app called pixntell to recount our procedure, copying the procedure, exploring food on the goldfield and making an advertisement for Scones. We all had a great time and the scones were fantastic . We  also had the scones with whipped cream and jam it was delicious, we gave some to the teachers and they loved them. In the end  we were called the chefs of the day!

Did you enjoy cooking the scones? Why?

8 comments:

  1. Angelica

    Great blog post Clare and Angelique. I wish I was there. It sounds like heeps of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed making the scones because I learnt a lot.
    Thank you Miss Lee for making it an enjoyable way to learn how to follow Procedural recounts.
    My favourite part was when we got to eat the scones when we finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma

    I had a great time making the scones because everyone looked like they were having lot's of fun and also everyone in yr 5 got to eat the scones. And by the way great blog post Angelique & Clare! Thank you miss lee for this exciting and enjoyable activity and i hope we can do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily

    I loved the scones that we made and I had a great time making them. I enjoyed cooking the scones because it was a lot of fun and enjoyable too. thanks miss Lee for organising this for us to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey
    Great blog post, Clare and Angelique! I loved making scones because it was DELIGHTFUL making them!

    My favourite part of the Procedural Recount is when we get to eat the scones!

    Hope we do something similar again! Also it was FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog post those scones were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked making scones because we got to explore a food from the past that we did not have also because we did not exist and that we did not go to mine for gold its new to us thats why i liked it great blog post Clare and Angelique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked making the scones because I love cooking, I also liked the fact that we learnt how to make scones.

    ReplyDelete